Senior Manager, Tax FP&A and ModelingApply NowApply Later Job ID 767685BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 21, 2020
Our future Senior Manager, Tax FPA and Modeling will help lead the income tax (rate and cash) forecasting for the Enterprise. Our next dynamic leader is also focused on domestic planning for the Parks Experiences and Corporate segments. The leader makes decisions for multiple clients (internal and external) and continuously balances multiple projects. On a daily basis, this position is tasked with leading a team of both direct reports and a team of cross functional indirect reports on a project basis. In this role, our next leader will understand the cross-functional impact external to tax and within the tax function of return and forecast positions and build executive consensus. This dynamic role supports other groups through modeling other planning initiatives, impact of transactions, and impact of legislatives changes, legal entity valuations and various tax positions.
Our leader will have the opportunity to act as a change agent by improving upon existing processes. Your growth at Disney never stops and your personal career opportunities are boundless!
Responsibilities:As a dynamic leader inside Disney Tax, you will report directly to the Principal, Tax FPA and Modeling while interacting with senior leadership while making a daily impact. You will support the projects identified above ad hoc projects. In this role, you will execute decisions impacting a broad scope demonstrating leadership experience and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology. This leader will focus on developing engaged tax professionals fir for the new, transformed finance organization.
Every Day as a leader in Disney Tax is transformative. You will be responsible for:
- Lead updates for tax planning and forecasting models for the Company.
- Leads the preparation for cause of change analysis (including the effective tax rate and cash taxes) for tax forecasts.
- Develop data pools and models to efficiently and effectively respond to leadership questions, initiatives and support tax positions.
- Analyze legal entity tax impact of intercompany charges.
- Identify and resolve complex technical, operational and organizational problems by considering new ways of doing tasks and looking at processes.
- Supports in identifying risks and opportunities by producing persuasive, data-driven arguments to support management’s decisions.
- Recommend alternatives based on technical analysis and frame communications to high level executives.
- Build consensus and recommend positions to Senior Management regarding assumptions, data analytics, and technical analysis for book and tax positions including both accounting and tax research.
- Lead the preparation of executive summaries for senior management.
- Collaborate cross functionally to make business connections with multiple stakeholders and information suppliers and solve complex business and tax issues.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to train and supervise team to meet milestones and objectives and execute functional business plans.
- 8 to 12 years of relevant work experience
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to collaboration and problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to independently identify and resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to frame communications appropriate to audience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of solutions
- Deliverable-focused mentality with a strong work ethic and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders at once
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to work in a face paced work environment
- Understands cross functional impact and ability to build consensus with business partners
- Strong leadership and project management skills; proven ability to lead team and develop staff
- Previous work experience in financial planning
- Proven spreadsheet application skills and other database, automation or business intelligence skills (e.g. VBA, Python, SAP, SQL, and Alteryx)
- Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems
- CPA or MIS certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Tax, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, MIS or equivalent.
- Advanced degree (e.g., Masters in Tax, JD, LLM Tax) or equivalent)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.