Senior Manager, Tax ProvisionApply NowApply Later Job ID 767638BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 19, 2020
Our future leader will be tasked with leading the Non-US tax provision team. Our leader will be both a technical minded leader, but possess strong leadership qualities to support an ever evolving team. You will have the opportunity to act as a change agent by improving upon existing processes. Your growth at Disney never stops and your personal career opportunities are boundless!
Responsibilities:As a dynamic leader inside Disney Tax, you will report directly to the Principal, non-US Tax Provision while interacting with senior leadership and have a daily impact. You can expect to manage the quarterly Non-US tax provision process, review income tax accounting work papers supported by legal entity level calculations, identify improvement opportunities in the existing processes and tool and implement changes. You will also work on forecasting and special projects. We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology.
Every Day as a leader in Disney Tax is transformative. You will be responsible for:
- Lead direct reports as well as 3rd party contractors to timely complete quarterly tax provision tasks.
- Be comfortable briefing and presenting work products to senior management and working directly with internal stakeholders in different departments, external service providers and senior managements.
- Explain and present technical tax issues to senior management across different departments.
- Manage non-US provision processes to ensure accurate and timely quarterly reporting.
- Review various tax provision workpapers based on reports of legal entity level tax provision calculations.
- Prepare analytics (cause of change analysis) required for presentation of results to senior management.
- Liaise with other corporate tax teams to ensure effective capturing and communicating of non-US tax provision results and impacts.
- Keep abreast of local country business and tax law changes and analyze tax provision impacts.
- Document findings and results with supporting facts/assumptions and analyses, including accounting and tax research.
- Partner cross functionally and make business connections with multiple stakeholders and information suppliers.
- 8 to 12 years of relevant work experience with a strong understanding of tax accounting processes and tax compliance.
- Strong understanding of tax accounting and tax compliance.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong understanding of tax technical guidance.
- Strong communication skills with ability to frame communications appropriate to audience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate professionalism through positive and cooperative attitude; ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Understands cross functional impact and ability to build consensus with business partners.
- Prior leadership position and relevant skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Familiarity with IFRS.
- Experience in non-US jurisdiction tax compliance/provision.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Tax, Economics or Finance
- Advanced degree- Master’s degree in Tax, Accounting, or Finance, JD, LLM in Tax
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.