Senior Music Supervisor, GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 871323BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
The Sr Music Supervisor will report to the Manager, Audio of Walt Disney Games and their role is to ensure that the music integrity of our brands is reflected and maintained in all our globally distributed games products.
This position requires a creative, talented, and motivated contributor to partner with our global licensees to build the next set of great Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Disney/Pixar games on console and mobile platforms.
- Review all music submissions from our external licensing partners and ensure all material submitted meets our Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, Disney/Pixar, Walt Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Disney Parks brand and quality requirements.
- Generate insightful, clear, and concise guidance and direction to our licensees and dev teams through written notes and/or music mock-ups with the goal of coaching and helping them understand our brands while helping them achieve approval status.
- Attend music reviews with Creative Staff at Lucasfilm, 20CS, Disney/Pixar, WDLA, WDAS, and Disney Parks; generate notes and share feedback with our licensees and dev teams.
- Research, identify, and explore new music styles and executions that are authentic and appealing; provide suggestions to our licensing partners while encouraging their own creative exploration.
- Work with Business Affairs to help coordinate music licensing needs for all licensees.
- Balance the requirements of our licensees, brand, and key stakeholders while delivering against our collective product goals.
- Acquire deep understanding of 'new' brands being developed by Lucasfilm, 20CS, Pixar and WDAS; share relevant information with our licensees in the form of reference guides.
- 5+ years of experience with music composition (preferably as it relates to games)
- Excellent music composition skills with the ability to compose, edit, manipulate, and emulate many audio styles.
- An ear for detail and style, as demonstrated by a top-rate portfolio or demo reel.
- Solid understanding of the game development process, tools, and techniques, including interactive music systems.
- Experience providing creative feedback to external teams, vendors or agencies.
- Familiarity with music licensing process.
- Able to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and objective decision maker; always working towards solutions.
- Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Passion for the entertainment industry with a focus on interactive and gaming strongly preferred.
- Cross gaming platform development experience strongly preferred. (i.e. console and mobile)
- Broad and deep understanding of Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, Disney/Pixar, Marvel, Walt Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Disney Parks.
- B.A. in Music Composition or equivalent education preferred. Audio Engineering, Game Audio, or equivalent education is also a plus.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.