Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Paralegal - Digital (DCPI)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 502451BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 02/05/2018
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.Apply Now Apply Later
- Review and clear product and marketing assets to ensure compliance with applicable laws and corporate policies with direction from supervising attorneys; coordinate with all stakeholders, including business lead, brand issues with brand team, technical and security issues with technical and security teams, address trademark and copyrights with IP team, and escalate issues as necessary.
- Draft and oversee each stage of the contract process with a focus on proactive communication with the vendor, business lead, and legal lead and management of the process to ensure timely and accurate contract execution; track and manage a contract lifecycle, including deal interpretation, amendments, renewal and termination.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- 7+ years of paralegal experience or equivalent;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with careful attention to detail; and,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong content clearance and marketing experience;
- Strong contract drafting experience;
- Familiarity with copyrights and trademarks;
- Familiarity with FTC advertising rules;
- Content clearance and marketing experience preferred; and,
- New media, marketing, SAAS and digital experience.
- 10+ years of paralegal experience with a major law firm or corporate legal dept.
- Must have strong communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Well versed in copyright and trademarks
- Familiarity with FTC advertising rules
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- College degree, and paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or equivalent experience in a law firm, media or technology company preferred.
Company OverviewAt Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.