Senior Product Manager (Technical Support)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7122554320220515 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Content Platforms team is seeking a Product Manager III to join our Product Operations organization. Our team strives to deliver operational excellence by elevating and marketing the Content Platforms products and services to our DMED business partners. In this role, you will be responsible for the enablement of our content platforms products and tools, working closely with our product management and engineering partners to launch new systems and support our clients as they navigate our platforms to operate their business.
As a Product Manager for Operations, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into the business capabilities and learn the processes behind how Disney’s top tier content is planned to how it is delivered to consumers and everything in between. This role will serve as a key touchpoint for business partners, responsible for providing day to day support for general questions, workflow guidance, and light troubleshooting. In addition, the role will own documenting new features and disseminating those updates back to the customers through trainings and communications. The role will also evangelize the platform to internal users, becoming a subject matter expert and assisting in on-boarding new internal clients. Finally, this role will lead the way with best practices for running business review meetings, updating stakeholders with retrospectives on past monthly performance, as well as translating raw metrics into a comprehensive narrative. The ideal candidate must work well in a collaborative environment and be able to define and implement processes that effectively delivers on the Product Operations mission.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Responsible for supporting business stakeholders, including relationship management, addressing support questions, light troubleshooting of potential issues, and performing trainings and onboardings
- Own communication to product end users, including feature release notes, project-specific updates, and other general announcements, crafting platform documentation, and running customer sync meetings
- Create customer-facing root cause analysis reports for critical outage incidents
- Be a platform expert that can perform an analysis on customer requests, documenting, and sending requirements to Product and Engineering for system improvements
- Participate in larger organizational Process Operations initiatives, such as crafting evergreen documentation, executing strategic communication plans, and defining processes that contribute to an improved team working culture
- Collaborate, partner and coordinate with cross-functional teams (engineering, design, QA, and product leadership) to streamline product features and enhance business processes
- Coordinate launch preparation with Business partners and cross-functional delivery teams
- Exhibit natural and intuitive user empathy
- Perform any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives for the Product Operations team
- BA/BS in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years practical experience working on expansive Enterprise Platforms, including Content, Asset, and Metadata Management, Content Ingestion and Distribution, and Video Pipelines, that support high-trafficked consumer-facing products
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong communication skills, with a bent towards customer service, and an ability to navigate both internal and external stakeholders
- An experienced writer, whose style can range from operational guides to formal announcements to engaging updates
- Energetic self-starter with a logical approach to problem solving and a technical aptitude
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills and an ability to clearly communicate goals, status, and issues
- Be conversant in modern technical concepts and engineering practices to participate in detailed story discussions or feature deployment
- Precise about the details, yet able to see the forest among the trees, and able to produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate an ability to adjust and pivot as business strategy and product priorities shifts
- Proven leader that nurtures positive relationships with supported users, product, and technology engineering partners
- Enthusiastic about helping people, solving problems, and championing products
- Exposure or experience with Agile development tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- Prior work experience in Asset Management
- Knowledge of or experience in media & entertainment industry
- Understanding of media production workflows, digital video workflows, or consumer-facing video product features
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.