Senior Program Manager (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 942521BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 08, 2022
The Corporate Innovation team at The Walt Disney Company is a highly visible corporate team of professionals who act as in-house consultants/strategists responsible for the identification, analysis, development and execution of corporate innovation initiatives. Specific activities include developing data-driven hypotheses, strategies, and tactics to develop new businesses; identifying, evaluating and negotiating equity investments; managing a portfolio of current investments; incubating or accelerating potential new businesses, assessing emerging market opportunities and fostering innovation within and across TWDC's businesses. The team's activities and accomplishments have contributed to the global strategy and success of The Walt Disney Company across its business units: Studio Entertainment, Media Networks, Direct-to-Consumer International, and Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
As a Senior Program Manager on the Disney Accelerator team, you participate in the day-to-day planning and operations of the Disney Accelerator program. The responsibilities center on sourcing candidates, due diligence of companies, promotion and creation of program materials, and coordination of logistics for a successful program.
- 2 - 4+ years of work experience in preferred fields of venture capital, investment banking, consulting, and/or technology
- Expertise with entertainment/media or Internet/digital technology business
- Innovative/creative problem solver
- Strong strategic and business acumen combined with analytics, financial modeling skills, a plus
- An excellent team player with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to demonstrate intelligence, strategic sense, and strategic strength by articulating a merit-based, convincing point of view
- High energy level, strong work ethic
- Results-oriented, decisive
- Self confident and able to act on constructive feedback
- Personal/professional integrity and proven discretion handling confidential information
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) and experienced in delivering presentations
- Proven quantitative, analytical and planning skills
- Demonstrated success in understanding and presenting complex business issues and identifying creative solutions
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Excellent project management skills that lead to efficient, effective, and successful execution of project plans
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Familiarity with TWDC lines of business
- B.S. with preferred majors of Finance, Economics, Business, Entrepreneurship or equivalent
- MBA from a top business school
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.