Senior Project Manager
Glendale, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771259BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2021
Job Summary:The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the e-commerce platform.
This role will manage one or more projects for the Licensing and Publishing Technology product teams in support of the above businesses. The Sr. Technical Project Manager is responsible for applying project management principles, practices, and techniques leveraging Scrum methodology to lead moderate to high complexity agile software development projects controlling project schedule, cost, and performance risks.
- Lead a variety of concurrent projects applying a structured methodology and project management approach.
- Lead project team standup meetings, facilitate sprint retrospective and sprint planning ceremonies. Manage one or more project meeting cadences at a time for various projects.
- Use Jira to manage project backlog and sprints
- Work with Product Owner and technical teams to translate project needs into specific and actionable requirements and project plans; breaking down tasks, estimating work efforts and defining milestones.
- Identify appropriate resource needs, and ensure resources are available for timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
- Understand dependencies and track progress throughout the lifecycle of the project, guiding project to on-time delivery.
- Assess project risks and formulate mitigation plans.
- Clearly communicate project vision, plans and status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
- Track project budgets to ensure spending is in line with plan. Identify and escalate risks to project budgets.
- 5 years’ experience managing technical projects.
- Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously, and experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to quickly adapt to evolving and growing needs of the business.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering complex projects end to end, through the entire life-cycle.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Excellent organizational skills to multitask many tasks without losing sight of the highest priorities.
- 3 + years’ agile project management experience preferred.
- Experience managing software development projects is highly desirable
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.