Lead Project Mgr
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771259BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2021
Job Summary:Job Description
- Lead a variety of concurrent projects applying a structured methodology and project management approach.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to apply Agile Practices and Scrum Methodologies. Know when and how to flex and adjust style to meet team and/or project needs.
- Lead project team standup meetings, facilitate sprint retrospective and sprint planning ceremonies. Manage one or more project meeting cadences at a time for various projects.
- Use Jira to manage project backlog and sprints
- Work with Product Owner and technical teams to translate project needs into specific and actionable requirements and project plans; breaking down tasks, estimating work efforts and defining milestones.
- Identify appropriate resource needs, and ensure resources are available for timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
- Understand dependencies and track progress throughout the lifecycle of the project, guiding project to on-time delivery.
- Assess project risks and formulate mitigation plans.
- Clearly communicate project vision, plans and status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
- Track project budgets to ensure spending is in line with plan. Identify and escalate risks to project budgets.
- Be a self-starter. Learn quickly, be proactive, and assume ownership of your work.
- Business intelligence. Establish collaborative relationships with team members and across the organization.
- Communication. Must be able to effectively communicate project goals, scope, plan and status for technically complex projects.
- Critical thinking. Ability to synthesize complex or diverse project data and use logical reasoning to transform the information into useful knowledge.
- “Get it done” attitude. Not afraid to “roll up your sleeves” and do what is necessary to move things forward.
- Ability to manage your time effectively to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to quickly adapt to evolving and growing needs of our business.
- Excellent organizational skills to multitask many tasks without losing sight of the highest priorities.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Someone who takes initiative and ownership.
- Flexible personality; Ability to work with a variety of personalities in an ever changing environment.
- Willingness and ability to manage projects from the “inside”, as a member of the team, as opposed to being an observer of the team. You don’t just wait for the team to report when they’re finished with a project, you help them get there.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Focus on achieving superior quality results against internal and external standards of excellence.
- 7 years of experience managing technical projects. Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Experience managing software development projects is required. Experience with a variety of business application project types is desirable; Including custom developed, Cloud, Custom Off The Shelf (COTS) solutions, as well as projects with a mixture of solutions and integrations.
- Ability to self-manage with minimal supervision and oversight and to guide other team members work within a project. Escalates to management in a timely manner when the situation dictates.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously, and experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to persuade and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering complex projects end to end, through the entire life-cycle.
- 4 + years of agile project management experience preferred.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.