Senior Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 779489BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Operations Development Team within the Global Content Operations organization. From an overall digital supply chain perspective, you will be responsible for project managing tool solutions and operational reporting projects in support of our Strategy, Library, Originals and Content Quality Management teams. Through excellent communication and organization, this individual will ensure that project timelines are met, plans documented and pro-actively communicated, cataloged, and maintained. You will be highly collaborative, have a keen eye for innovation and be consistently motivated to drive projects that will provide end to end value, scale and efficiencies throughout the pipeline.
- Project manage timelines for new tool solutions, feature requests, operational reporting and backlog requests inclusive of Strategy, Library, Originals and Content Quality Management teams to ensure agreed-upon timelines and milestones are met
- Collaborate with Global Content Operations teams, DTCI Tech Teams, Media Product, Product Management, Content Engineering and other cross-functional supply chain teams on project timelines and requirements, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables; Remove roadblocks for interdependent teams
- Ensure all deadlines are met and all handoffs are successful as the project is moving through the pipeline
- Assess, communicate and mitigate risk, utilizing contingency plans as necessary and manage through issue resolution
- Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders at large including executives
- Create and maintain documentation including project plans, templates, executive summaries and retrospectives
- Build processes to track success metrics by engaging in strategic thinking to visualize and achieve long-term wins and efficiencies
- Lead regular meetings with a large number of cross-functional stakeholders keeping points on track to achieve optimal discussions and drive decision making
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.