Senior R&D Imagineer - Sr. Technical Program Manager (Software Focused)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 7037766820211216 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 21, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Walt Disney Imagineering makes the impossible possible, by combining innovation and storytelling to bring Disney stories, characters, and worlds to life. Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects. Disney Imagineers are uniquely talented individuals that bring together the best aspects of creativity, innovation, and passion.
At Imagineering Research and Development, our mission is to use technology to build new experiences for our Guests and new tools for Imagineers and the Cast Members who power our parks. R&D is a team of engineers, designers, artists, and scientists who share a passion for solving hard problems and building ground-breaking experiences. The Technical Program Manager partners with teams across the department to deliver on the vision of next generation tools, technologies, and experiences.
This role combines a strong engineering and technology background with proven project management abilities to cultivate innovation and drive project execution. As a Technical Program Manager, you are a critical part of turning ideas and prototypes into reality, collaborating with engineers and designers to define, scope, budget and execute project work. This role is specifically slanted towards software project management, where you will drive the planning and execution of high-complexity software initiatives that power projects like walking animatronics, interactive experiences, character technology and more.
· Partner with R&D Project Leads to break down ideas into executable steps
· Create and maintain project scope, schedule, budget, staffing plans and project roadmaps
· Build teams to execute the project goals, including the identification, qualification, contracting process and management of external vendor relationships
· Drive communication across team members, project leads, executives, and project stake holders, creating and delivering information in different methods including verbal, written and visual
· Plan and execute internal and external play tests
· Risk analysis and development of mitigation strategies
· Identify and deliver on technology transfer opportunities
· Identify and recommend internal process improvements
· Engender internal and external relationships
· Contribute to the culture and community of the WDI R&D Studio
· Minimum five years of experience in industries that leverage both software and hardware deliveries such as robotics/mechatronics, artificial intelligence, game engine/systems, aerospace, or embedded systems technologies
· Program/project management experience on software development projects with a proven ability to manage both large and small projects and selecting the appropriate workflow management methodology to accomplish the project goals (e.g. agile, kanban, integrated project management, etc.)
· Embraces flexibility and adaptability as the team learns through prototyping and playtesting, adjusting project plans as needed
· Translates high level scope/vision into actionable plans
· Proven ability to clearly communicate the project vision, expectations, and outcomes to engineers, creatives, and executives across all levels within the organization
· Experienced in building and motivating highly effective teams Works collaboratively on diverse teams
· Thinks strategically and creatively to solve challenges
· Manages & prioritizes multiple assignments in a highly dynamic R&D environment
· Has a passion for technology and delivering new tools, platforms and experiences
· Demonstrates a desire to constantly improve and adapt to new technologies
· Is highly dependable with strong work ethic
· Startup / entrepreneurial experience
· Experience working with early development teams and prototype products
· Computer science, computer engineering or systems engineering experience
· PMP certification
· Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or computer science, systems engineering or related field
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WDI Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
WDI Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.