Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Recruiter (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 697136BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and R&D arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Sr. Recruiter will be expected to demonstrate recruiting best practices to support our world-class Talent Acquisition efforts. In alignment with our Talent Acquisition vision, day-day activities will entail strategic staffing development, extensive pipelining of talent and impeccable recruitment execution to achieve an effective service delivery model. If you're passionate about scoping & acquiring top talent in the competitive landscape of technology, architecture, engineering, entertainment & creative direction/programming, we'd love to hear from you.
- Consult & advise clients and partners about trends and changes within the market and latent landscape via review and use of market insights, competitive intelligence and talent demographics to help influence & drive talent strategy
- Attract, influence and convert hard to find passive talent. Effectively promote and convey the company & group’s unique & distinct landscape and employment value proposition
- Collaborate with peers, partners & clients to develop a strong understanding of the group’s culture, business strategy and talent profiles to deliver on the hiring needs of the business
- Drive the development and implementation of comprehensive recruitment strategies
- Generate qualified candidate pools through cost-effective efforts (Internet mining, networking, referrals, alternative sourcing, etc.) Leverage sourcing platforms & tools to expand outreach efforts to include use of, but not limited to: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and diversity-oriented sites & blogs
- In partnership with Sourcing, create targeted list of companies employing similar positions to determine talent availability. Targeted lists may also be created in anticipation of future openings based on functional category/discipline as well as high visibility projects
- Conduct in-depth screens and assess potential technical candidates for level of interest, qualifications, and salary expectations
- Utilize recruitment tools such as ATS & TRM for workflow tracking, communication and management of active and passive candidates
- Conduct ongoing research of competitive landscape and market insights/trends to remain current and relevant in area(s) of focus
- Project manage the day to day recruitment operations through the development and execution of full life cycle recruitment plans; ensuring the candidate, client and team experiences are met with exceptional service delivery
- Track record of successfully identifying and qualifying exceptional talent for a high growth entertainment/tech company
- 5+ years of technical recruiting & sourcing experience
- 3+ years of recruiting experience with a focus on STEM & Creative roles
- Exceptional ability to deliver quality results in a very fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of the tools of the trade: resume databases, leveraging social networking sites, sourcing tools and spreadsheets, cold calling, and networking
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, ability to multi-task, excellent problem solving skills, detail & results oriented
- Strong business acumen to be able to comprehend business needs and structure
- Excellent consultative skills and proven success developing strong, collaborative relationships across multiple departments and levels
- Strong time management and prioritization capabilities, with ability to multi-task and effectively self-manage
- Knowledge of enterprise-wide Applicant Tracking Systems and proven experience working in a results measured environment
- Effectively problem solve using both traditional & innovative techniques
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Basic knowledge of employment law & best practices
- AIRS, CIR, CDR and/or other HR certifications
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.