Senior Software Developer (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 884185BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented software developers to develop apps, platforms, tools and technologies that enable and empower the design and development of upcoming attractions and experiences.
- 5+ years of development experience with proven ability to lead projects or components of projects
- Software estimation, scheduling, planning, design, implementation, and closeout activities for assigned project scope.
- Develop and/or maintain whole feature sets of software. This includes both architecture, design, implementation and testing.
- Work with other software developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software product progress.
- Knowledge and experience with modern software development practices, including version control and workflow management tools including JIRA, Github, Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Familiarity and/or experience with: ShotGrid Pipeline Development, AutoDesk Maya, Motion Builder, AutoCAD Touch Designer, BIM, Unreal Engine and/or MS Visual Studio
- Proven ability to learn new programming languages and work within complicated systems.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.