Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack - Talent & MusicApply NowApply Later Job ID 7096528820220403 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack – Talent & Music
Location: Glendale, CA
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will use your deep coding, and data skills to write and test code that delivers new features for our application portfolio. You will be an important part of a motivated team where we will be looking for you to collaborate with the team to drive application architecture, code quality, and make sure we are building the right things for our users. We want someone that has grown up through the web software development ranks - possessing 7 or more years’ experience in designing and architecting highly scalable, secure, performant, and usable web applications using Java/Java EE. The ideal candidate would possess deep skills in both server and client side technology (React, Node.js, RESTful Web Services), while having worked with orchestration and containerization platforms (Docker and Kubernetes), coupled with hands on persistence and data streaming technology experience (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Kafka).
While The Walt Disney Company is a large company, ideally, we would like if you have some previous experience in a U.S. startup environment and be comfortable performing multiple roles. We strive to get things done quickly, with high quality, and we are committed to the agile methodology.
We are looking for a passionate, impactful, technical leader who wants to come here to do their very best work and make their mark, add their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner. A collaborative technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Collaborate with product teams in building architectures, which are robust, fault-tolerant, and cloud- native.
- Builds solutions for problems of sizeable scope and complexity.
- Influences and drives software engineering best practices within the team.
- Technically lead and deliver multiple projects utilizing an agile methodology while reviewing team member’s code.
- Participates in developing technical and/or business approaches; and new/enhanced technical tools.
- Owns the design of software programs or systems within the team, and within the organization.
- Writes codes that establishes and enhances frameworks.
- Reviews code for the design, testability and clear usability.
- Builds solutions that scale and perform.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the system/product/services with each iteration.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field or the equivalent experience
- Be able to demonstrate significant experience working with relational databases, SQL, MySQL and newer NoSQL data stores as well as event streaming platforms.
- Demonstrate a strong background working with open source technologies and cloud native engineering principles and patterns.
- Care about your craft and have opinions about the “right” way to do things with technology.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline is highly desirable.
- Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results.
- Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.