Senior Software Engineer (Games)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 555377BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 14, 2018
Job Summary:Disney Games & Interactive Experiences is seeking a motivated, skilled Senior Software Engineer to join our hit game studio in Glendale! We are focused on building awesome casual mobile games based on classic Disney franchises. If you have a passion for games and have an awesome engineering background, come join us!
- Help an engineering team develop technology used by millions of players worldwide
- Mentor other engineers as they develop their skills while promoting best practices
- Architect and design core game frameworks and features
- Solve challenging and complex problems around cross-platform game development
- Perform significant implementation of the more complex components of a game engine
- Create easy to alter / flexible code that allows for easy update as product needs change
- Drive the creation of scripts / tools to help streamline the development, content, art integration processes
- Contribute ideas in a collaborative, supportive team environment
- Help to coordinate sprint tasks and work with cross-functional game team including product, QA, design and art
- At least 4+ years of professional experience as a Professional or Senior Software Engineer in a fast- paced, small-mid team environment
- Strong understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application development
- Solid skills in C# or C++ development
- Strong understanding of Unity game development (at least one game shipped using Unity is preferred)
- Strong understanding of how to live operate mobile games is a large plus
- Strong understanding of how to optimize performance of Unity based games
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development processes with at least one shipped mobile game
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual
Required EducationBS in Computer Science (or equivalent), preferably from top technical program
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.