Senior Software Engineer, Retail Platforms
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 779713BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences that will define the interactions of our Guests online and change the way our customers experience commerce, both digitally and in our Disney Stores. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
- Partner with Platform Leads, Product Managers and Designers to develop applications focusing on eCommerce experiences
- Collaborate with your peers, front end and server side developers, to deliver experiences that delight our guests
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers
- Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective
- Actively participate in task decomposition and time estimation as part of the Agile Software Development process
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 5+ years of Server Side / Backend End engineering experience including taking a product from inception through multiple release cycles
- 3+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design, and Development experience
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) for authoring and management of content
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience designing RESTful API’s and implementing such APIs within a security framework such as OAuth
- Strong experience with optimization and analysis of existing Server Side applications, including profiling and performance optimization / monitoring
- Experience with eCommerce applications and environments is a must
- Experience with eCommerce SaaS platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento or Websphere Commerce. Salesforce Commerce Cloud is strongly preferred
- Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Experience with Google App Engine in a Java / Python / Go production environment
- Expertise building Spring Framework applications
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.