Senior Software Engineer
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 675614BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 11/06/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company has a rich tradition of creating innovative products and magical experiences for millions of people around the world. Software Engineers are at the heart of that innovation and magic, building platforms, services, tools and infrastructure for an unmatched collection of content and brands such as ABC, Disney, and ESPN.
As a member of a diverse and talented organization, the frontend engineer crafts elegant and extensible solutions, at scale, using modern frameworks and technologies to deliver features that people interact with, and rely on, everyday.
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Prototype new features
- Research and evaluate applicable technologies
- Define and implement best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Review code and pull requests to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Work with product and project management to refine specs and timelines
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Mentor and provide feedback to other engineers
- Proven mastery of frontend web development technologies and principles
- Experience with task automation (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self-motivated
- Minimum 6+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.