Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 931420BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a member of the agile development team you will:
- apply your pragmatic and proven software skills to predictably deliver well-crafted code
- demonstrate your passion for technology by solving unique challenges within the industry
- rely on your sense of ownership and professional pride to deliver high quality, low maintenance software
- gain and/or apply mastery of Java, AWS, Cassandra, and other leading web technologies
- leverage strong communication skills to collaborate with various technical and product stakeholders
- partner with tech leaders to help grow and mentor fellow engineers
- feed your thirst for learning new skills and technology as part of the larger DMED organization
Come help shape the future of gaming and social systems underpinning Disney products used by millions of users every day!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Deep understanding of the Java programming language and object-oriented programming
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver high-quality software in a pragmatic fashion
- Proven ability to solve challenging technical problems
- Proven ability to learn new technology and/or complex systems
- Proven ability and highly motivated to mentor and help grow other engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Hands-on experience with Cassandra or other NoSQL DBs
- Interest and/or experience in fantasy games
- Full-stack / front end engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working on highly scalable real-time software platforms
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.