Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7096464820220403 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Glendale, CA
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
- You will be building scalable, maintainable, and well-tested software solutions which are flexible enough to meet the requirements of multiple customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Mentor junior engineers and conduct code reviews
- Work independently to design, build, test, and deploy high quality software solutions
- Troubleshoot issues and fix defects
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- 5+ Years industry experience
- Computer Science degree or related technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with common backend technologies such as REST APIs, Microservice architectures, async programming
- Experience with a wide range of data store technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and DynamoDB
- Experience with Java or Kotlin, Spring Framework and .Net
- Experience with Cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, S3, SQS, Lambda and Step Functions, and Fargate
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Docker, Gitlab-CI, Terraform/Cloud formation, and Jenkins
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Team player with strong oral and written communications skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Experience in developing high volume, cached, fault tolerant, multi-threaded scalable systems
- Experience designing and building backend APIs and building RESTful services
- Exposure to full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Experience in JDA Demand manager and JDA Demand.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.