Senior Solutions Engineer – Ad Platforms
Glendale, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 870977BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
Job Summary:Department/Group Overview:
DMED Ad Platforms is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
As a Sr. Solutions Engineer for the Ad Platform Solutions Engineering technology team within DMED Ad Platforms, you are part of a high performing team redefining TV advertising. We are looking for an experienced solutions engineer who will administer and optimize Disney's order management system (OMS), Operative One. The Sr. Solutions Engineer role will focus on global system administration for hundreds of users, leading investigations for OMS platform bugs, integrating 3rd party and internal technology into the OMS, testing feature releases, and scoping product intake requests submitted by business stakeholders. You will work with a diverse set of stakeholders to standardize workflows, contribute to cross platform design, and perform analysis for troubleshooting technical issues as well as driving strategic decision making. We are seeking a candidate who has proven problem solving skills, a sense of urgency, and experience with the advertising "pitch to pay" lifecycle. The team is fast moving and requires you to translate data into business impact, while efficiently working with leaders across sales, finance, product, operations and technology.
- Support lead for Sales, Sales Ops, and Finance within the Operative One OMS
- Manage user permissions/security settings (roles, profiles, etc.)
- Troubleshoot platform/performance bugs, reporting errors, and integration with Salesforce CRM, forecasting tools, billing systems, ad servers
- Manage UI configuration of each user module (Sales, Ad Ops, Analytics, etc.)
- Collect business requirements for feature requests and enhancements
- Complete new feature testing in sandbox environment before releasing into production
- Create and manage targeting options, approval rules, and custom fields
- Send planned and unplanned tool outage notifications to staff
- Create new products and ensure their proper integration with other systems
- Lead projects and other team members on complex integration or configuration initiatives
- 5-10 years of experience in ad technology, operations or support, preferably with focus in advertising technology
- 2-3 years of experience managing an Order Management System, CRM, or equivalent (Salesforce, Operative One, YieldX, Google Ad Manager)
- Minimum 1 year experience with Operative One
- Experience using Excel
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Experience supporting multiple products in an agile software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments and to focus on the highest priority issues
- Proven understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data
- Have a “do what it takes” attitude. Be flexible, adaptable and a team-player first
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Needs to demonstrate the ability to build consensus and support from the Ad Platforms organization on the solutions being proposed
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.