Senior Systems Engineer
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 956098BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Apr. 14, 2022
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney Branded Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Disney Television Animation Technology team as a Senior Systems Engineer (SSE). In this role, you will be responsible for developing and supporting solutions across the various Disney Television Animation: Productions and Development.
Responsibilities:The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) position provides technical engineering and support for the technology infrastructure used by DTVA to produce its digital animation production products. The SSE takes on a larger, senior role in handling more complex system engineering projects and reviewing other system engineering project in a quality control role as needed. The SSE position is responsible for the following:
- Data archival / backup and recovery
- Data analytics
- Database management
- Develop system automation
- Load balancers
- System and application monitoring
- File transfers
- Render farm
- Linux and windows servers
- Web applications
- Storage area network (SAN)
- Network attached storage (NAS)
- Frame accurate digital disk recorder systems
- Containerized solutions (Docker, etc.)
- Digital tape library systems
- Block level and object storage solutions
- Virtual infrastructures (VMware/Hyper-V)
- Cloud based solutions (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Systems security standards
- Participates and takes a senior role in researching, testing and implementing optimized hardware, and software based technical solutions for the production infrastructures
- Data center maintenance, testing space management, cooling and power
- Power generator operation, monitoring, testing, and maintenance
- Management of our offsite, co-lo data center installation
- Delivers assigned projects as instructed by management
- Works with the technology department’s management to execute daily server room technical maintenance and implementation schedules
- Operates software, creates software scripts, batches and applications for automating processes, and tasks to both ease and enhance the support environment in such areas as: archival, data migration and system I/O
- Provides extended support to the Technical Support Engineering group
- Performs technical administration functions and other miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management
- Influences direction of product and service development
- Interacts with vendors
- 5 years plus of experience supporting high-end servers and graphics workstation hardware
- 5 years plus of experience supporting (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux / UNIX, Apple OSX and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment
- Strong Microsoft Windows and Linux comprehension a plus
- Experience working with Dell and HPE server hardware
- Experience in puppet and GitLab CI/CD preferred
- Experience working with creativity / graphic applications and hardware preferred. This includes Maya, Harmony, Nuke and render managers such as deadline and rush
- Experience working in AWS or other cloud-based technologies preferred
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally
- Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and can work with a diverse user community
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.