Senior Systems Reliability Engineer
Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 808309BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
Job Summary:Do you want to be part of a team that creates magic for millions of guests? Behind the scenes, the Retail Technology Operations team helps deliver magical digital & physical experiences leveraging the latest technology; and our Site Reliability Engineers provide expert engineering services in the cloud, automation, and reliability to support the innovation and operation of The Walt Disney Company. We are passionate about ensuring our systems provide the best guest experience! To be successful in this role, you will protect, operate, and continuously improve the automation and systems that run Disney's experiences, products, & services with a focus on availability, latency, and automation while embracing a DevOps culture.
Responsibilities:The Site Reliability Engineering Team within the Retail Technology Operations focuses on improving our services and systems availability and performance. This is done through driving observability around our services, designing and implementing tooling and automation and working closely with our business and development teams to bring proactive data driven solutions. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for creating automation for our services, expanding observability of the environment, participating in infrastructure design discussions, working with teams to implement complete solutions as well as identifying and resolving issues across environments.
- Ownership of our current cloud and SaaS services – install, upgrade, maintain all necessary middleware components, work with cloud vendors to integrate APIs and automation tools
- Incident Response - work to compile a runbook that identifies all known, potential risks and incidents, and have well-defined procedures to mitigate or eliminate the risk if they occur, this role does have on-call and incident resolution responsibilities
- Deploy and manage innovative modern cloud technologies using infrastructure-as-code, selfhealing, security automation patterns, instrumented and monitored
- Participate in implementation of complex engineering solutions across Retail Technologies
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Work closely with our development teams to ensure smooth operational transition of solutions, and to improve existing solutions post turnover
- Experience programming in one or more of: Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, Go, Rust, C/C++ (3 years)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS/SaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute) (3 years)
- Proficient, collaborative, & experienced in building reliable, scalable, enterprise systems (5 years)
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security (3 years)
- Leading technical projects, working with project managers to ensure smooth delivery (2 years)
- Experience working with Security Operations teams to design security into solutions as well as mitigate existing issues (2 years)
- Understanding of observability principles (monitoring, logging, tracing, alerting), tools and practices that promote observability (3 years)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g.Gitlab, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Azure DevOps) (3 years)
- Trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network, and code
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef) (3 years)
- Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.