Senior Web Software Developer (Python/React)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 644795BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
The Senior Web Based Software Developer (SWBSD) is a senior level software developer, responsible for designing and developing web based code/software solutions and maintaining existing web based code/software for the Disney Television Animation business unit.
Responsibilities:A high level breakdown of the Senior Web Based Software Developer’s responsibilities follows:
- Interacting with departmental and production staff to develop new solutions.
- Analyzing production software procedures and problems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing software solutions
- Making recommendations to improve: production software output, efficiency, and workflow
- Software analysis and design
- Code testing / integration
- High level support of developed code
The SWBSD partners with the technology department’s management, department staff and production personnel to determine software engineering needs. Additionally, the SWBSD reviews existing software system capabilities to decide what changes can be made within existing systems and when new systems must be added to provide solutions - whichever meets productions need in the timeliest manner and fits within the specific budget.
The SWBSD is responsive to our environment’s critical production timelines and is able to analyze bugs/ system glitches, track them to the corrupted code, implement timely repairs, and make recommendations for avoiding similar situations via code/software/system changes and code management procedures.
- 4 years + (or a combination of work experience and advanced education) working in a web based software development environment with a demonstrated competency in delivering advanced software applications and solutions.
- A portfolio of demonstrated web based solutions.
- Must be able to work independently with technical and non-technical staff to determine web based system design, modification and support needs.
- Strong written documentation skills and possess creativity in developing easy-to-use tools and “quick fixes”.
- Must be experienced, understanding a range of development languages / platforms and operating systems:
- Experience working with backend frameworks in Python, PHP, or NodeJS
- Experience working with frontend libraries: React, Vue or Angular
- Experience working in a TDD, BDD or another unit testing driven environment
- Experience developing with Docker
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with databases: MySQL, Redis, etc.
- Experience with version control: Git
- Familiarity with web servers: Apache, Nginx, etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Familiarity with common Software Engineering Design Patterns
- Mobile development experience is a plus but not required
- Experience working with networking environments.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.