Sensitive Information Protection ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10067926 Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 08, 2023
Sensitive Information Protection Manager
The Walt Disney Entertainment, Sensitive Information Protection group, serves as a center of excellence for segment specific requirements relating to the proactive protection of the company’s most sensitive information, content creation workflows and media assets.
This new role will report into the Manager, Content Security Program and Content Security segment; will be responsible for establishing, planning, implementing, managing, and driving Sensitive Information Protection projects and operational activities specific to the security and assessment of Third-Party Service Providers/Vendors as well as protecting internal workflows and business systems.
A Day in The Life
- Handle the day-to-day operations of the Sensitive Information Protection, Content Security program:
- Lead the assessment of workflows that support Disney’s Sensitive Information, both internally and externally, including third party suppliers and production entities (where applicable).
- Ensure that third party partners are both documented and that their staff are adequately trained prior to accessing any critical Disney assets.
- Resolve, implement, and leverage right fit program management methodologies.
- Help lead planning and creation of enterprise initiatives and Production Security Support:
- Identify relationships with program partners and key operational contacts across segments.
- Identification of opportunities to support and compliment the global security program.
- Participate in development of program strategies to maintain outstanding production support.
- Support management of Core SIP team processes, domestic & international:
- Collaborate with embedded SIP-site Manager’s to ensure Core Team services are consistently aligned and provided for internal and external partners of the company.
- Responsible for leading and facilitating third party Vendor and Production Companies’ security assessment programs.
- Ensuring that production companies and their or Disney’s third parties (where applicable) are prioritized using the internal Walt Disney Studios Risk Mgmt. Platform.
- Responsible for ensuring existing Third Parties, companies maintain positive status and scheduling annual reviews where appropriate.
- Supports production system assessments, various internal critical workflows and systems as well as annual updates.
- Support Remediation and Root Cause Analysis of incidents.
- Support the planning of core services and find opportunities to better service the requirements of business unit/segment partners.
- Responsible for the policies and standard processes by Third Party suppliers.
- Support crafting presentation materials used for quarterly updates with key partners.
- Support generating monthly & quarterly, metrics reports and key performance indicators.
- Expertise in strategy development and presentation to all levels of management.
- +3 yrs. experience in media workflows and media industry security related fields, and assessing security regulatory requirements and/or industry standard processes and remediation management.
- +3 yrs in organizational management, learning & development, corporate communications, or similar fields and years of professional experience efficiently handling projects from inception through completion.
- Experience in evaluating physical [or remote] site security protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in the following technologies, tools and techniques would be useful:
- Cybersecurity (i.e., Trusted Partner Network, National Institute of Standards & Technology)
- Storage Solutions (i.e., Network storage mechanisms, Cloud Storage Solutions)
- Digital Transfer Tools (i.e., IBM’s Aspera, Signiant Media Shuttle).
- Experience and familiarity with Disney’s various brand segments – specifically the TV & Movie Studio Content Production Workflows, Information Protection, or other Media & Entertainment experience.
- Media encryption & decryption
- Video and audio marking, data content chain of custody
- Understanding of Media Systems, including production and post-production environments
- Understanding of feature film and TV production and post-production industries, services, and distribution workflows (i.e., Music, Editing, Visual/Audio Effects, Encoding, Dubbing, DVD replication)
- Pro-active and must possess hands-on, hyper-collaborative working styles.
- Passion for collaboration on new technologies, trends, and constant learning cycles.
- Ability to organize and schedule work optimally, under time constraints, balancing multiple tasks.
- Strong familiarity with collaboration and messaging technologies, including Smartsheet’s, Slack, Zoom, Box, Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Forms, PowerPoint) and Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Ability to collect information from SMEs (operational service managers, developers, technical resources, content production coordinators) to produce written documentation for business users.
- Comfortable interacting credibly and authentically, as they represent the Disney brand with external business clients at all levels, at the highest degree of integrity, respect, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, Information Technology Engineering, Technical Project Management and/or Business Systems Administration.
- Project Management Professional/Scrum Certifications are a plus.
- CompTIA and ISC2 Security Certifications are a plus.
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The hiring range for this position in California is $112,100.00 - $150,200.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.