shopDisney Creative Director
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 669481BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 24/05/2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Technology & Digital, a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class e-commerce experiences for shopDisney and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
The shopDisney Creative Director reports to the VP, Product Design & Creative for Technology & Digital in Glendale, CA. This role is an industry leader who provides vision and direction for multi-talented team of creative professionals to develop concepts and design the assets that are deployed across digital platforms, e-commerce sites, email messages, social campaigns, advertisements and native mobile apps. The Creative Director is a storyteller who will coordinate the overarching direction for our design, photography and copy into a unified, meaningful interactive experience that brings our products and merchandise to life for our Customers.
As an experienced creative leader with a commercial mindset, this role will partner closely with merchandise, marketing and operations teams to deliver weekly, seasonal and franchise-oriented campaigns through principled standards representative of the quality – and Magic – that our customers expect from Disney.
This is a unique opportunity to drive unique commercial and creative experiences for engaged and enthusiastic Customers of Walt Disney brands, products and franchises.
- You will inspire the creative team to continually elevate the design aesthetic
- As a manager and mentor, you will identify growth and development opportunities within the creative team to architect future success
- You are a storyteller who will develop and deliver compelling creative solutions across brands, product collections and customer groups
- As a collaborative partner, you will work closely with multiple stakeholders to leverage synergies and create opportunities for continuity across evolving Omni-channel business
- As part of the Product Design & Creative for Technology & Digital leadership team, you will work closely with the shopDisney Product Design team to develop standards and document relevant reusable UX components and patterns
- As a curious, interested and engaged leader, you stay informed on evolving technologies and how they will drive personalized ecommerce experiences
- As a creative strategist, you are aware of commercial and creative industry trends, and focus that knowledge to drive continuous relevance for ever-changing customer expectations and affinities
- You are a self-starter who will manage multiple projects and priorities
- As a strong communicator, you will share ideas, opinions and suggestions regardless of the audience
- 10+ years professional experience within retail, ecommerce and or a creative agency
- 5+ years experience of leading a creative team
- BA, BFA in Creative Field
- Hands-on digital product design experience and a solid grasp of UI/UX, IA, and technology
- Strong creative, graphic design and photography background including concept development, art direction and copywriting
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.