Show Electronic Engineer Sr
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 547125BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 23/07/2019
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
- Develop unique show product specifications.
- Knowledge of complex mechanical system such as Hydraulics and Winch systems.
- Park wide System Integration
- Current on evolving industrial and theatrical technologies.
- Lead an engineering team in the production of engineering designs, documentation for multiple projects through all phases of engineering design, production, installation, testing, and documentation.
- Review final specialty contractor documentation and review as-built drawings.
- Lead & Supervise field technicians and support personnel as required.
- Supervise Vendor design activities and resolve technical conflicts between Vendors.
- Direct designers in the preparation of detailed facility and electronic equipment drawings. Percent time leading 50%
- Demonstrate and practice creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems, program objectives and requirements, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Leads an engineering team in the production of engineering designs, documentation for complex projects through all phases of engineering design, production, installation, testing, and documentation.
- Develops procurement specifications and design documents with emphasis on complex systems involving equipment, components, systems design and integration, procurement and installation.
- Must stay versed on current technology worldwide.
- Ensure conformance to department standards and procedures.
- Provide electronic engineering manpower, estimates, and schedule planning
- Review and authorize for release detailed top level, layout and design drawings of electronic subsystems.
- Identify and collect vendor electronic equipment specifications.
- Develop risk analysis and inform management, as required.
- Direct designers in the preparation of detailed electronic equipment drawings.
- Insure the checking of detailed electronic equipment drawings.
- Provide electronic Contractor support and verification of first article assembly and bench testing, as required.
- Review Vendor manufacturing and quality documentation against contract technical requirements.
- Ensure Show System deliverables are met.
- Verify electronic equipment installation against drawings and requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation conflicts, interferences and other problems.
- Must be able to travel to all sites, as required, for periods of one to six weeks or more.
- Review specifications, scopes of works, Test and Adjust plans and procedures.
- Verify electronic performance against requirements.
- Review final electronic contractor documentation and review as-built drawings.
- Review final electronic Test and Adjust and acceptance testing documentation against deliverables.
- May be designing and implementing system architectures not used before.
- Must attempt new variants of A/V, Imaging and show control architectures.
- Must be able to travel to all sites, as required, for periods of one to six weeks or more. Relocations for up to a year may be required.
- 10 years or more in related field plus Five (5) years relevant experience in lieu of engineering degree or two (2) years relevant experience with an Engineering Technology degree
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.