Show Electronics EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 884149BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contact with key engineers and officials of other organizations and companies, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Demonstrate and practice creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems, program objectives and requirements, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Ability to supervise an engineering team in the production of engineering designs, documentation for complex projects through all phases of engineering design, production, installation, testing, and documentation. Able to translate functional requirements into design requirements.
- Must have knowledge of the procedures required to develop procurement specifications and design documents with emphasis on complex systems involving equipment, components, systems design and integration, procurement and installation.
- Possess the skills necessary to execute the design of electrical and electronic systems and subsystems in accordance with accepted engineering practices, published codes and regulations, and science/physics as it relates to environmental, EMI/EMC considerations and constraints.
- Must stay versed on current technology worldwide.
- Ensure conformance to department standards and procedures.
- Provide electronic engineering manpower and schedule planning in support of estimating activities.
- Develop specifications and test plans.
- Responsible for following a design through to successful operation and turnover.
- Identify, collect, specify and document ride/show interface requirements for utilities including electrical power and equipment cooling/heating loads.
- Review and authorize for release detailed top level, layout and design drawings of electronic subsystems.
- Identify and collect vendor electronic equipment specifications.
- Resolve design conflicts and revise electronic element requirements, as required.
- Develop risk analysis and inform management, as required.
- Direct designers in the preparation of detailed electronic equipment drawings.
- Insure the checking of detailed electronic equipment drawings.
- Supervise Vendor design activities and resolve technical conflicts between Vendors.
- Finalize detailed interface requirements between controls and ride mechanical and audio elements.
- Direct troubleshooting of first article assembly problems as required.
- Provide electronic Contractor support and verification of first article assembly and bench testing, as required.
- Review Vendor manufacturing and quality documentation against contract technical requirements.
- Ensure Show System deliverables are met.
- Verify electronic equipment installation against drawings and requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation conflicts, interferences and other problems.
- Must be able to travel to all sites, as required, for periods of one to six weeks or more.
- Review specifications, scopes of works, Test and Adjust plans and procedures.
- Supervise field technicians and support personnel as required.
- Verify electronic performance against requirements.
- Review final electronic contractor documentation and review as-built drawings.
- Review final electronic Test and Adjust and acceptance testing documentation against deliverables.
- Support Show System operator and maintenance training.
- Understanding of electronic principles (required)
- Understanding of general Physics and Mathematics (required)
- Understanding of mechanical and software systems (required)
- Knowledge of computer, power, and communications theory (required)
- Schematic and assembly drawing reading (required)
- Scheduling Methods / Experience (required)
- Estimating Methods / Experience (required)
- Ability to present technical concepts in manner understandable by non-technical people (highly desired)
- AutoCAD (desired)
- PLC programming (desired)
- Manage & Supplement Vendor
- System Integration
- Discipline Lead
- Creative Translator - Clean Sheet Design
- Field Integration (Test & Adjust)
- Engineering Analysis & Simulation
- Engineering Specifications & Requirements
- Prototype Design
- Disney Show Control System Architecture
- Detailed Electronic Design
- Motor Technology
- Parkwide System Integration
- Imaging and Graphics
- Servo Control
- UL / NEC / ASTM
- Mechanical Concepts
- Presentation of project updates to Functional and Project Management.
- May manage day-to-day activities and provide direction for small team of Engineering personnel on the Project.
- May supervise Jobshoppers / Contractors.
- Participate in the technical development of consulting contracts.
- Supervise multiple major contracts.
- Engineering professional experience totaling eight to fifteen years, including responsibility for engineering analysis and design; developing engineering scopes of work, budgets, schedules and resource plans.
- Strong hardware knowledge and hands-on field installation experience required.
- Must be able to work without supervision but able to integrate inputs from many individuals and work as a team member.
- Must have a high tolerance for change and changing requirements.
- Knowledge of human factors and ability to design to accommodate people.
- Must be willing to travel, sometimes for extended stays. 6 to 12 months of relocation may be required on some projects.
- Able to communicate (verbally and in writing) clearly and concisely keeping many individuals informed.
- BS Electronic Engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Knowledge and familiarity with relevant Industry Standards
- Advanced degree and Professional Registration is desirable.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.