Already applied?View Dashboard
Site MerchandiserApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678256BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Store Date posted Jun. 19, 2019
The Site Merchandiser will be accountable for managing assigned sections of the site against key e-commerce KPIs, i.e. demand, conversion, average order value. Primary responsibilities will include designing page templates, determining products to feature, maintaining type ahead search function and optimizing internal search results, measuring and analyzing site performance, continually refining product presentation to optimize both guest experience and business results.
This position will work closely with the Site Merchandise Manager and other members of the Site Merchandising team along with the broader Site Operations Team. Additionally, this person will work with other departments within Disney Retail, as well as external partners, to gain necessary insight on merchandise, promotions and trends in order to maximize site performance.
This position will need to develop an expert understanding of multiple systems, including IBM Websphere for Commerce and Endeca Page Builder. Prior knowledge of these systems is a plus; strong analytic and web skills are a must. e-Commerce is a fast-moving environment. It requires someone who is a flexible, effective communicator who thrives in a deadline-driven environment. The role requires a considerable amount of autonomy and discretion to execute with a high level of accuracy and timeliness. This position will be responsible for prioritizing an optimal guest experience and promoting the overall strategies and goals of the Disney Retail organization.
- End-to-end management of key categories, with accountability for increasing performance
- Configuring cartridges to feature product
- Determining messaging within assigned categories, ensuring consistency with site-wide messages and design
- With Web Analytics team, designing reports to monitor performance of categories and product display. Responding to site analytics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Maintaining and assuring the accuracy of the product information within assigned categories, i.e. correct categorization, attribution, cross-sells, product details, bundles. Provide support and back-fill to ensure success of product launches and promotions.
- Set up, test and maintain site promotions.
- Identify and drive site improvements to completion by coordinating with Site Merchandise Manager, project managers, merchandising, marketing, front end developers and engineers.
- Optimizing recommendation engines
- Communicating with 3rd party partners that power components of our site, i.e. recommendation engines, ratings sites, technology providers, customization providers
- Oversee Site Merchandise Intern, managing workflow and growth and development for this position.
- A strong understanding and passion for consumer-focused e-commerce
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategy, deliver results
- Ability to learn new systems quickly, identify issues and present possible solutions
- Expertise in juggling multiple tasks, re-prioritizing where needed and consistently delivering on time
- A structured approach to work, delivering consistent results and maintaining an action plan against all outstanding projects until complete
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels, communicate challenges and solutions effectively and maintain a positive and professional tone with all internal and external partners
- A team player who builds consensus to drive a shared goal or vision
- Strategic, analytical, results-driven. Strong attention to detail
- 3-5 years of site merchandising, e-commerce, merchandising or planning experience
- Ability to work cross functionally and independently
- A bachelor’s degree is required
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.