Social Analytics ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 768428BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 03, 2020
The Social Analytics Manager is responsible for managing insightful and actionable deliverables for Disney+. This role will share social findings and reports to executives and internal teams to guide strategy for digital, social, video content and development, support key marketing campaigns and priorities, review trends, and provide actionable recommendations. This role will require a strong background and proficiency in native social media platforms, analytics, large queries, and third-party reporting technologies.
- Serve as in-team social analytics expert, compiling and synthesizing data into digestible formats that drive strategy around marketing, content, and larger business decisions.
- Track performance of campaigns and content across multiple social and digital communities; report and communicate key learnings with brand team members, management, business partners, and stakeholders across TWDC.
- Share social findings, success metrics, and reports to executives and internal teams to guide strategy for digital, social, video content and development, support key marketing campaigns and priorities, review trends, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Stay informed on emerging social platforms, new technologies, and entertainment industry trends, and be able to utilize this knowledge to improve capabilities and recommendations.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas, stories, and data sets graphically and verbally
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging business questions, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with statistical concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, A/B testing)
- Experience with Excel and common data manipulation functions such as Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and Macros
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Sprinklr, Tableau, or Looker
- Experience with backend social media platforms and social media measurement (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in digital media and/or marketing analytics.
- Must have proven results in driving sound social insights to guide marketing strategies and actionable opportunities.
- Must have excellent time-management skills, with the ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and pivot easily between projects.
- Must have strong background and proficiency in native social media platforms, organic and paid analytics, large queries, and third-party reporting technologies.
- Experience with streaming services and entertainment brands a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Experience with SQL a plus, but not required
- Experience with a programming language like Python or R a plus, but not required
- Minimum BA or BS degree, preferable in Marketing, Economics, Math, Statistics and/or related field
- Masters level degree in a quantitative discipline well regarded, but not required
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.