Social Media Insights AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 829759BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 19, 2021
The Social Media Insights Analyst will serve as a digital analytics expert, compiling and synthesizing social and website data into digestible formats to drive strategy around content, marketing, and larger business decisions for Disney+, Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, and the key franchises within those core brands.
This position requires a strong quantitative background, as well as proficiency in native social media analytics platforms, organic social marketing data sets, data visualization, and third-party reporting technologies.
- Compile and synthesize social and website data sets for recurring and ad-hoc reporting deliverables
- Develop and refine automated dashboards that benchmark and track progress against key performance goals and initiatives
- Comprehensively track content performance (including launches for individual assets, larger campaigns, and overall Brand health metrics) supported across all digital platforms across the DMED group
- This will involve a regular cadence of reporting against owned social channels, as well as social listening and sentiment analysis
- Work effectively on both structured and unstructured/ambiguous data sets
- Analyze and find the narratives in the data to communicate opportunities to: brand team members, management, business partners, and other stakeholders across TWDC
- Confidently simplify and explain complex data concepts to non-data stakeholders
- Assist in developing formal reporting deliverables, and effectively communicate findings through multiple avenues (email, decks, presentations, etc.) for stakeholders at all levels
- 1-2 years minimum professional experience within digital media analytics, preferably within a Studio or Entertainment media company or agency
- 1-2 years minimum experience with native social backend analytics platforms (Facebook and Instagram Creator Studio, Crowd Tangle, YouTube Analytics, some experience with TikTok Analytics preferred)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a relentless attention to detail
- Ability to communicate ideas, stories, and data graphically and verbally
- Strong time management skills, with a propensity for flexibility and tenacity amidst shifting/competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excel (experience with common data manipulation functions such as VLOOKUPs, pivot tables are required, experience with macros a bonus)
- Passionate about leveraging data to drive meaningful strategy
- Capability to ideate and try new ideas
- Prior experience within a marketing team, preferably in the entertainment field; or an understanding of social content formats and general familiarity with film, media and/or streaming businesses
- Familiarity with a scripting language a bonus, but not required
- Prior experience in project management a bonus
- BA/BS in a quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- Social Platform Certifications (Facebook, YouTube) focused on either content strategy or data analytics are preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.