Already applied?View Dashboard
Social Media ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 572827BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Store Date posted Jul. 10, 2018
Job Summary:“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Customer Engagement organization is part of the Walt Disney Parks, Experience and Consumer Product Division (DPECP) and is the Center Of Excellence leading the development and implementation of marketing and sales outbound communications with our consumers across the offline, digital (including display, social, search and streaming) and direct relationship channels.
DPECP is the hub where Disney’s stories, characters and franchises come to life. Being a part of DPECP means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Customer Engagement organization is looking for the Social Media Manager for our Customer Engagement E-commerce organization. The Social Media Manager will be managing the Paid and Organic engagements on our different social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter…) to support the growth and the maximization of the revenue generated by the direct sale of physical Disney Branded products.
- Lead implementation and management of paid social advertising campaigns
- Manage the daily campaigns optimization efforts to ensure they are achieving the traffic, engagement and conversion goals set for each campaign
- Develop Content Strategy and manage content calendars partnering with key stakeholders across the Walt Disney Company
- Manage the day-to-day messaging, monitoring and moderation of shopDisney’s communities across multiple platforms
- Work closely with the marketing and e-commerce teams to gain alignment on priority product launches and messaging beats
- Identify emerging trends, platforms, and tools
- Sprinklr and Omniture tagging/reporting of weekly performance measurements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in community management or social media advertising
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members and partner closely with cross functional partners and key stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate traditional content into engaging and brand-relevant conversations
- Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say, and providing above-average experiences in the social space
- Strong understanding of social media analysis and performance tracking
- Superior knowledge of social platforms and tools
- Skilled in Photoshop
- Polished in communication
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Proven competency across social platforms including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- BA or BS required, preferably with a background in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.