Social Media StrategistApply NowApply Later Job ID 972933BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
They will also assist with analyzing channel performance and sharing key learnings, trends, and campaign and channel recaps with leadership. This role will report into the Disney Social Media Manager.
This Social Media Strategist should be collaborative, creative, data-driven, and highly organized, with a strong understanding of all digital platforms and current social media trends. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be proactive, a strong team player, and possess excellent communication skills. The ability to adapt to processes, meet deadlines, and work with multiple stakeholders across business units within The Walt Disney Company is key.
- Engage in day-to-day copywriting, scheduling, posting, and monitoring of Disney social channels on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok. Partner closely with the Content Marketing team to create native social content, assist with Photoshop editing, record video voiceover, and edit on TikTok and Instagram Reels.
- Aid in the development of social strategy as it relates to messaging, engagement, and content performance. Collaborate and communicate with internal stakeholders and other digital teams across The Walt Disney Company to align on tentpole beats and dates as well as amplify priority content across the wider social network.
- Serve as one of the main points of contact for Disney content planning calendars, content, and asset development. Ensure that partners both internal and external recognize, value, and work within the Disney brand voice, best practices, and most importantly, brand safety guidelines.
- Partner with brand and insights leads to create campaign and channel recaps for stakeholders at a regular cadence. Utilize existing key learnings from other competitive and internal brand and product channels to inform strategy and share those best practices with key decision makers.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in social/digital marketing, ideally working in a big brand setting
- Genuine passion for, appreciation, and knowledge of all Walt Disney Company brands, characters, films, TV series, Parks, and more
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate traditional marketing content into brand-relevant social-friendly conversation
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Superior knowledge of social platforms (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) and native products
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams in a professional way
- High attention to detail and ability to use sound judgement as it relates to brand safety
- Up to date with the latest trends and platform updates and able to use those to inform strategy
- Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say, and providing memorable and/or award-winning experiences in the social space
- Knack for finding creative solutions to challenges and using data to drive decision-making
- Team player with a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
- Preferred experience in Sprinklr publishing and reporting, Facebook and Instagram Creator Studio, TikTok/Instagram Reels editing, Google Products (Slides, Docs, and Sheets), photography, and Photoshop
- Able to be nimble and adapt quickly to new technologies and processes
- Perpetual learner’s attitude, always looking for ways to improve processes and learn and grow
- Passion for creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive content
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Business, Marketing, Film, and/or related field and/or equivalent years of industry experience.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.