Software Developer SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 563090BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 11, 2018
Job Summary:Theme park projects are complex. The Business Technology team builds web-based tools to help projects stay on time and on budget.
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to help develop an entire ecosystem of Imagineer-facing tools.
- Oversee the technical execution of specific web-based applications
- Review code from multiple engineers, both internal and external
- Write key software components/libraries
- Build prototypes to test new product or engineering ideas
- Provide technical due diligence for externally purchased systems
- Contribute to information architecture that spans our application ecosystem
- Contribute to system engineering and information security efforts
- 6 years of medium/large-scale software experience, including architecture and application development
- Good knowledge of a modern backend web framework (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Django, Spring, Node.js)
- Good knowledge of databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Knowledge of information security processes surrounding enterprise deployments
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with .NET framework focused on C# and Windows Development
- Familiar with PDM / PLM solutions
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.