Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 805053BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Television Animation (DTVA) is a high-volume digital animation production studio. Because of DTVA’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software are critical to its production operations and workflows. Disney Television Animation Technology (DTVAT) innovates and delivers solutions that support our animation studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. As part of the Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
The SD works with the Software group’s management to design and develop web-based software. Additionally, the SD reviews existing web-based software system capabilities to evaluate what changes can be made within existing systems and when new systems must be added to provide solutions - whichever meets the project and/or production needs in the timeliest manner and fits within the specific budget.
The SD is responsive to our environment’s critical production timelines and is able to analyze bugs/ system glitches, track them to the corrupted code, implement timely repairs, and make recommendations for avoiding similar situations via code/software/system changes and code management procedures
Responsibilities:The Software Developer (SD) is responsible for developing web-based code/software solutions and maintaining existing web-based code/software for the Television Animation business unit.
A high-level breakdown of the Software Developer’s responsibilities follows:
- Analyzing production software procedures and problems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing software solutions
- Making recommendations to improve: production software output, efficiency, and workflow
- Software analysis and design
- Code testing / integration
- High level support of developed code
- Minimum of 2 years working with web centric software development technologies.
- A portfolio of demonstrated web based solutions.
- Must be able to work independently with technical and non-technical staff to determine web based system design, modification and support needs
- Strong written documentation skills and possess creativity in developing easy-to-use tools and “quick fixes.”
- Experience working with networking environments.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Must be experienced, understanding a range of development languages / platforms and operating systems:
- Linux, Windows and Mac OS X
- Mobile development experience is a “plus”
- Experience working on PHP frameworks
- jQuery, AngularJS
- REST APIs
- XML technologies: XSL, XSLT, X-PATH, and XSL-FO
- MySQL and Database architecture
- Apache and Nginx web servers
- SVN and Git
- VI / VIM, command line editors, EMACS
- Cross-browser development (I.E. / Firefox / Safari / Chrome)
- Knowledge of Design Patterns for Enterprise Level Application Development
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.