Software Engineer, Full Stack
Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772923BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) Technology includes the world’s leading Licensing & Publishing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps, as well as the world’s largest children’s publisher.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to support key business to business applications within Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP). The ideal candidate will bring experience working with both internal and external facing applications in a full stack development capacity.
- Moderate involvement in the design of critical software components, systems, and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Create and maintain documentation and specifications.
- Write unit, integration, end-to-end, and other relevant tests
- Manage deliverables and deadlines in an agile setting.
- Mentor and train other team members on design principles, and coding best practices.
- Interact and coordinate deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Learn new languages, frameworks, and technologies as needed.
- Fundamental knowledge of Java and Angular
- Experience working with MuleSoft or other data integration platforms used in B2B services
- 3+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with code versioning in a continuous integration/deployment setting
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with AWS cloud services and development is preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with the entire web stack
- Experience with localization and accessibility
- Experience working on large scale enterprise B2B systems
- Experience with cloud development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.