Software Engineer IApply NowApply Later Job ID 7096491520220424 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Content Platform Engineering is hiring an Associate Software Engineer for the Platform Foundations team to help build and innovate a world-class content platform to support content delivery for brands such as Disney, ESPN, ABC, Marvel, and Star Wars. Our team of talented software engineers builds and manages a diverse suite of products and services, with opportunities to work on content management systems, authentication, and authorization, system auditing, orchestration engine, and search technology. You will help to implement core solutions, learning and using solid design principles, while balancing complexity, speed of implementation, and expandability.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Implement, test, and deploy high quality software solutions with guidance from senior engineers
- Troubleshoot issues and fix defects
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 1 year of experience in technical field
- Experience with common backend technologies such as REST APIs, SQL databases, message queues
- Experience with Java or Kotlin, and Spring Framework
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology
- Team player with strong oral and written communications skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience to building backend APIs and building RESTful services
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, SQS, S3, Lambdas, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Cloudformation/Terraform, Fargate, etc.
- Exposure to full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
Required Education :
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
The Team :
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.