Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 902745BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Dec. 27, 2021
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
Content Platform Engineering is hiring a Software Engineer for the Platform Foundations team to help build and innovate a world class CMS platform to support content delivery for brands such as Disney, ESPN, ABC, Marvel and Star Wars. Our systems and APIs help producers deliver great experiences for our customers, and are integral to our customized tools and workflows.
Our team of engineers will help design and implement modern, scalable, and reliable systems that take advantage of a wide array of AWS services. You will help define platform capabilities, implementing core solutions using solid design principles, while balancing complexity, speed of implementation, and expandability.
Responsibilities:You will be building scalable, maintainable, and well-tested software solutions which are flexible enough to meet the requirements of multiple customers and stakeholders. You will:
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Implement, test, and deploy high quality software solutions with guidance from senior engineers
- Troubleshoot issues and fix defects
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- 2+ Years industry experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with common backend technologies such as REST APIs, SQL databases, message queues
- Experience with Java or Kotlin, and Spring
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Team player with strong oral and written communications skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, etc)
- Experience building backend APIs and building RESTful services
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, SQS, S3, Lambdas, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Cloudformation/Terraform, Fargate, etc.
- Exposure to full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.