Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 919214BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 16, 2022
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
Work collaboratively with a team of talented software engineers building platform software solutions. Our team of engineers builds and manages a diverse suite of products and services, with opportunities to work on content management systems, authentication and authorization, system auditing, orchestration engine, and search technology.
Responsibilities:You will be building scalable, maintainable, and well-tested software solutions which are flexible enough to meet the requirements of multiple customers and stakeholders. You will:
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Implement, test, and deploy high quality software solutions with guidance from senior engineers
- Troubleshoot issues and fix defects
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- 2+ Years industry experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with REST APIs, Microservice architectures, and async programming models
- Experience with Java and JVM ecosystem including Spring Framework
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Team player with strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, such as EC2, Fargate, S3, SQS, Lambda, and Step Functions
- Experience with wide range of data store and messaging technologies such as Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Kafka
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.