Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 957308BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Apr. 07, 2022
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Disney Television Animation Technology team as a Software Engineer (SE). In this role, you will be responsible for developing and supporting solutions across the various Disney Television Animation: Productions and Development
Responsibilities:The SE is a software engineer responsible for designing and developing code/software solutions and maintaining existing code/software for the Television Animation business unit.
A high-level breakdown of the Software Engineer’s responsibilities follows:
- Analyzing production software procedures and problems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing software solutions
- Making recommendations to improve: production software output, efficiency, and workflow
- Software analysis and design
- Code testing / integration
- High-level support of developed code
The SE is responsive to our environment’s critical production timelines and is able to analyze bugs/ system glitches, track them to the corrupted code, implement timely repairs, and make recommendations for avoiding similar situations via code/software/system changes and code management procedures.
- 2 years+ working in a Digital production software development environment or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work independently with technical and non-technical staff to determine system needs.
- Strong documentation techniques and possess creativity in developing easy-to-use tools and “quick fixes”
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Able to strategically solve complex technical issues
- Able to learn and work in a fast paced, production critical environment
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be familiar with Television or Film production or any other fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in:
- C/C++, Python
- MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Image processing, compositing development and relevant algorithms
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- multi-processing development.
- OpenImageIO, OpenColorIO.
- Nuke development.
- Davinci Resolve API
- Avid Media Composer
- Thinkbox Deadline
- Open GL development.
- GPU, CUDA, OpenCL development a plus.
- ToonBoom development a plus.
- Python back-end web development
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.