Software Product ManagerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10006816 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Aug. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is an embedded product and technology team, looking for a Product Manager to join our Physical Creation Management product team. This individual will be responsible for driving build & buy product development efforts within the physical creation portfolio which includes products focused on architecture/engineering/construction, physical asset management, product lifecycle, shipping and logistics, robotics and show coordination.
- Own products within the Physical Creation Management product domain as the responsible individual driving vision, prioritization, build vs. buy analysis, delivery, and sustainment decisions.
- Create and iterate on a clear vision for how workflows and practices are performed today and can be improved/innovated-on in future.
- Partner with business teams on workflow definition and change management actions.
- Draft detailed product requirements.
- Establish domain/product priorities, author roadmap, plan sprints and epics.
- Collaborate with peer leaders across software engineering, product design, project management, project technology integration, finance and legal.
- Strong software product management acumen and leadership experience.
- Expertise in a broad variety of tasks for physical asset management and design/construction related workflows.
- Background with architecture, engineering and construction companies and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and presentational.
- Familiarity and/or experience with the Autodesk AEC products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, AEC or equivalent experience.
Benefits and Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.