Already applied?View Dashboard
Sourcing Label Operations Coordinator (Part-Time) - CAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700348BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
- Maintaining the Global and Disney Collection Labeling Programs with nominated label suppliers.
- Communicating updates to internal business units and vendors.
- Maintaining updates to the global vendor manual.
- Negotiating costing with label suppliers for new labels and revisions to existing labels and ensuring service bureau locations meet Sourcing needs.
- Maintaining Global and Collection databases including the Translation, Size Matrix, and Care Instructions databases.
- The Sourcing Label Operations Coordinator assumes the role of liaison between vendors, Merchandising, Sourcing, Creative Operations, Distribution Center, Stores, and Product Integrity.
- Maintain the labeling program by keeping the Avery Dennison and Maxim label manual current and educate cross-functional teams of new labeling requirements. In addition, ensure the Nominated Supplier section in the Vendor Compliance Manual is accurate.
- Maintain the Global and Disney Collection Hanger Programs and work with Hanger supplier to create new designs and maintain size ranges for hanger stickers.
- Distribute Product Communication to Cross-Functional Teams to address Legal, Safety or Quality Issues including Mark out of Stock, Return to Vendor, Recalls, Re-ticket, & Remove from Stage.
- Maintain the Regulatory Failure Audit Program.
- Contact vendors to follow up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with Disney processes and procedures.
- Resolve EDI inquiries for ticket and label orders from vendors with label suppliers.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for various processes and provide training to cross-functional teams as needed.
- Maintain systematic document management system to house all documents related to Sourcing Operations and maintain accurate Naming Convention Standards.
- Communication and organization are critical “must have” skills needed to successfully meet the expectations and challenges of this role.
- Possess excellent relationship management expertise with the ability to initiate contact with Business Units and maintain a good working relationship.
- Communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Proven accomplishment as a driver of multiple projects.
- Ability to interpret industry language and application; recognize and elevate potentially contentious issues.
- Thorough understanding of Sourcing and Supply Chain practices and terminology.
- 1-3 years’ experience in merchandising and buying.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience developing or creating work processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Strong time-management skills, sense of urgency and delivery.
- Proven success in using discretion, judgment, working well independently and collaborating with teams across an organization.
- Proficiency in time management and workload prioritization.
- B.A. or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.