Sourcing Specialist II, Show Elements - Walt Disney ImagineeringApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715390BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
The Sourcing Specialist will be a primary interface with Business Unit operations teams to design and implement their Sourcing and Procurement strategies. This person will lead efforts to source and procure materials and services to support Company operational requirements.
The Sourcing Specialist will build and lead cross-functional teams and will be responsible for developing and implementing Strategic Sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. This individual will continuously improve the company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
This individual will be accountable for assisting business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
The Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients.
- Execute balanced supplier selection metrics that extend beyond purchase price
- Understand development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness, and cost
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the established Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Evaluate total cost/supply chain management analyses to identify opportunities to reduce TCO
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Lead cross-functional sourcing projects that meet client requirements
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical purchases that could affect planning
- Understand and communicate market trends and conditions that impact suppliers, cost of goods, pricing, and the resulting impact on clients
- Research and implement “best practices” for procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Provide support to multiple segments as needed
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Excellent internal client support skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Internal customer focus
- Knowledge of:
- Strategic Sourcing processes
- Best practices: procurement card, EDI, ERS, EFT, strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Experience in problem solving, complex financial modeling and reporting and analytical methods
- 3-5 years experience in procuring goods and services
- CPM or similar certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in business or another quantitative discipline preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.