SOX IT ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7112919820220403 Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Enterprise Compliance and Controls group is primarily responsible for managing the company-wide Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 program. This role focuses on systems and technologies that support the financial processes relevant to SOX. The role reports to the Senior IT Manager of Enterprise Compliance and Controls and is primarily responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing company-wide IT SOX Compliance efforts and, other special projects.
The position will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute SOX 404 walkthroughs and testing of IT General Controls (ITGCs) across all segments
- Plan and manage SOX deliverables, including partnering with process and control owners to coordinate control documentation updates, testing, remediation, and control deficiency evaluation
- Identify IT risks and process improvement opportunities
- Provide technical and quality oversight regarding IT risks and controls and technologies
- Articulate and communicate complex issues and required action plans to internal management and external stakeholders
- Partner with Enterprise IT to ensure that third party service providers are compliant with SOX requirements
- Assist Senior Manager in reviewing system implementations/ enhancements to be implemented during freeze periods to assess risks and potential impact to the SOX key controls
- Review conflicts to ensure TWDC maintains the appropriate segregation of duties and approving access to sensitive job roles within SAP
- Develop and implement enhanced Company-wide controls and processes as recommended by Management Audit or Enterprise Finance Processes
- Review testing work papers prepared by staff and provide coaching when needed
- Prepare executive presentations and lead quarterly SOX meetings with Segment SOX representatives
- Support Senior Manager on IT special projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Minimum experience of 5 years in internal or external auditing, with emphasis on IT auditing, preferably with a large multi-national company or accounting firm
- Two or more years of experience in leading and managing staff, including managing and mentoring them, providing performance feedback, and monitoring of workloads of the team
- A strong understanding of the ITGC areas and the IT governance framework (COBIT)
- Candidates should be able to understand, assess and prioritize risks across the components of the IT environment (application, operating system, and database)
- The ability to understand complex financial applications and security policies is required
- Must possess good quantitative and analytical skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to build business relationships
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work in a highly organized and efficient manner, and a driver that can take projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and desire to implement best practices
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a related field; information systems, computer science, business, finance, or accounting
- One of the following professional certifications required: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.