Special Projects Manager, Marvel GamesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709935BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
As Special Projects Manager on the Marvel Games Team, you will work closely with your fellow Operations teammates; our Business, Creative, and Production teams; as well as other Marvel and Disney lines of business that support our games through various activations. Your primary goal is to coordinate schedules, details, and deliverables for projects and activations supporting titles across the Marvel Games portfolio in addition to helping track and record the ever-growing possibilities for each respective game.
- Maintain plans and schedules for complex marketing and promotional projects and activations for our games
- Brainstorm additional opportunities and activations for each title
- Coordinate all asset deliveries and ensure on-time deliverables for projects
- Draft and distribute guidance, updates, and protocols pertaining to these projects
- Upkeep vital records on all activations/projects
- Lead synergy activation calls and drive agendas towards actionable goals
- Co-maintain marketing calendar and assist with publicity air traffic control
- Develop and grow deep relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Review and provide constructive feedback on new proposals
- Perform market research and report findings
- Handle other increasingly challenging projects as appropriate
Basic Qualifications:You are:
- Resiliency maxed – You have at least five years of experience working on marketing or promotional initiatives that span multiple teams and varying lines of business, organizing and calibrating project demands to deliverable goals.
- A dependable off-tank – You have the skills and wherewithal to keep project members on target, and you know how to stack stamina in order to help lead the team through the challenges each project presents.
- Solo mission-friendly – You are an indispensable teammate, but you also thrive on the autonomy you get when you’re given the chance to take on quests alone.
- Multi-class spec’d – You have the ability to not only enact and deliver a project from start to finish, but you also have the chops to think up projects on your own, get creative to ensure goals are met, and know how to collaborate with multiple personalities and work styles in rapidly changing environment.
- A rallying optimist – You approach both good times and bad with a cheerful attitude and a sense of humor. You always see the light at the end of the tunnel, even after yet another raid boss wipe.
- Savvy diplomat – You understand the importance of maintaining good relationships with all sorts of unique personalities, and you treat people the way you wish to be treated - within the team, the company, and all of our external partners.
- An effective communicator – You are able to communicate succinctly and effectively using all the tools of the trade: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and the good old telephone; you’re sincerely polite while always getting straight to the heart of the matter.
- Passionate about games – We love playing games and creating them. You do too.
Additional Information:You will need to send:
- Your resume
- A cover letter which should include the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Marvel?
- What would you bring to the Games Team that no one else can or will?
- If you can be any Marvel Super Hero or Super Villain, which one would you choose and why?
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.