Sr Analyst - Analytics and InsightsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10008373 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
• An employee at this level is an experienced professional with solid foundational skill/knowledge in a given functional field
The ABC-Owned TV (OTV) Station Group is seeking a Digital Insights Senior Analyst who will be a critical contributor to the Content Strategy and Analytics (CS&A) team with a passion for analytics and digital media. The Senior Analyst plays an important role in delivering accurate and insightful analysis across the group to support decision making. This person is a motivated self-starter, with a proven track record of projects that involve dissecting data into actionable recommendations to solve key business needs. This person will also be the Content Strategy and Analytics team visualization/presentation specialist to will translate complex data sets into visually compelling and digestible reports for both analysts and executive consumption. The CS&A team supports the ABC-Owned TV news stations digitally in eight key DMA markets to address optimization opportunities, providing the data backbone for strategic, content, and product-related decision making across the OTV business unit. The Digital Insights Senior Analyst will work on challenging projects in a fast-pace environment, collaborating regularly with multiple teams across the group on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for ad-hoc data retrieval and regular, recurring reports (daily, weekly, and monthly) that are distributed across the group, and this includes Monthly KPI Reports, Weekly Performance Reports, Enterprise-level Dashboards, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Translate large and complex data into a suite of reports that are clear, actionable, and scalable.
- Fluency in data tools, including comScore, Nielsen, Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Facebook Insights, and third-party publishing systems .
- Be the center of excellence to various data and reporting tools, including training new users.
- Validate analytics implementation design across sites and apps by using Charles debugging software.
- Understand relationships and limitations between all available data sources and how to best utilize them to meet both internal and external objectives.
- Use statistical rigor to solidify validity of insights and be able to explain those findings in a concise manner.
- Monitor industry trends and interpret the potential implications for the business.
Basic Qualifications :
- Work experience that includes a minimum 3+ years at a digital media organization or consulting agency performing digital analytics, with ownership over data analysis through presentation to stakeholders.
- Proven skills with digital analytics and syndicated measurement tools, such as such as Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics, comScore, Chartbeat, and Facebook Insights.
- Demonstrated ability to parse, analyze and interpret data; communicate insights and recommendations to unfamiliar internal and external parties, including senior leadership.
- Expert in MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; additive to the groups personality and culture.
- Exceptional time and deadline management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking ability, with a proven ability to thrive with increasing responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with validating data and data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau or Google Data Studio).
- Experience in digital media, and experience on the content-publishing side is preferred.
Required Education :
- BA/BS degrees in relevant field or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education :
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Analysis, Business Administration, Marketing, or Product Management preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.