Sr Application Security Engineer (Web or Mobile)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 377121BR Location Glendale, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Consumer Products Licensing, Disney Interactive Games, Disney Interactive Media Date posted 06/27/2016
The Cyber Security team at Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Group (DCPI) is the cornerstone for ensuring that our guest data is secure when interacting with our games, products and online systems. We partner with teams across DCPI enabling them to make the strategic decisions they need based on authoritative security risk analysis. We are a team of hackers, advisors/mentors, security focused engineers and guides, ensuring that we find the bugs but also providing practical solutions and guidance to ensure the software is always deployed securely and effectively
ResponsibilitiesWhat You Will Do
You will be part of a dynamic and talented team of security experts. You will be the hacker, reverse engineering the software, testing it to its capabilities. Breaking in, then advising the teams on the risks and guiding them through the easiest most secure ways to lock down their applications. You will become a mentor and advisor to those around you, an authority on application security throughout the organization.
Who Are You
You are a hacker at heart, you strive to find the security flaws in software. You care passionately about protecting data and ensuring it never falls into the wrong hands. You are always willing to push the boundaries, never accepting mediocre as the norm.
- A proven track record in application security
- Software engineering experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, PHP, Chef, Objective-C, Swift
- Knowledgeable with back end security topics such as secret management and service authentication
- Experience in development across multiple platforms would be beneficial(Mobile, Console, Web etc.)
- Experience in developing solutions in the cloud would also be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Thirst for knowledge and constant learning to stay up to date with the threat landscape
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Remains productive while rapidly switching context
Required EducationBS in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent education and experience preferred