Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Artist (3D Generalist)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 692744BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 31, 2019
- Partner with Art Director to establish visual style for 3D characters, animation, VFX and environments
- Create high-quality 3D character, environment, UI assets that adhere to the art direction established.
- Build 3D character animations and targets for the experience; work with Art Director and Film Studio Partners to capture the movement and performance of our characters.
- Problem-solve and identify new techniques, workflows, and technologies to drive quality and improve development.
- Partner with Art Director to generate outsourcing targets, documents, and packages for our vendors.
- Review content being produced by our vendors; provide clear and concise feedback, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Build 3D assets and animations for prototyping purposes.
- Collaborate with our internal multi-disciplinary team of Producers, Game
- Collaborate with our internal multi-disciplinary team of Producers, Game Designers, and Engineers to advance the development forward.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions with our Artists and Game Designers.
- Partner with Art Director to ensure product vision and quality benchmarks are being met.
- Ability to provide accurate time estimate for all tasks and deliver completed tasks based on delivered time estimates.
- Minimum 5 years of gaming experience with at least 2 years as a Senior Artist on a AAA mobile, Console, or AR/VR products.
- Exceptional understanding of modeling, texturing, shaders, rendering, and lighting including 3D development pipelines and workflows.
- Solid understanding of keyframe animation, timing, flow, and weight; basic understanding of rigging.
- Able to creatively supervise and drive projects from beginning to end with little assistance or supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines and expectations.
- Strong understanding of game development including the technology advancements, trade-offs, and the challenges associated.
- Adapt at problem solving (both alone and in groups); ability to evaluate workflows and technical challenges; provide credible and achievable solutions.
- Ability to think strategically and operate tactically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise feedback and guidance, and present ideas with clarity and conviction.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work and committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- High attention to detail with a clear understanding of the big picture, always focusing towards quality and the intended audience.
- Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication and team-based problem solving.
- Broad understanding of Disney and Pixar brands as well as Star Wars and Marvel.
- Experience working with emerging technologies (Augmented/Virtual Reality, Smart technologies, etc.)
- Proficient and knowledgeable in current development tools and software including but not limited to: Unity, Maya, Z Brush and Adobe Photoshop.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.