Senior Concept ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 765573BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 15, 2020
- Provide visual feedback, guidance and direction to help deliver quality and brand authenticity across all our games in the form of draw-overs, painter-overs, and written notes.
- Create innovative and appealing concept designs, sketches, and illustrations for new characters and world explorations.
- Problem-solve brand and visual design challenges always working towards visual improvement of our products, characters, and worlds.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with our Production Team and External Game Studios.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions to develop new game setups, conceits and ideas.
- Minimum 5 years gaming and/or mobile experience.
- Ability to create compelling artwork and illustrations.
- Passion for mobile and console gaming with a clear understanding of various game types.
- Proficient 2D art skills with ability to draw and illustrate Disney-like characters and worlds.
- Strong artistic knowledge with understanding of forms, materials, composition, perspective, color, anatomy, and lighting.
- Broad knowledge and ability to execute various illustrative styles from photorealism to highly-stylized.
- Effective researcher that understands how to successfully navigate through various databases to discover the best reference and imagery possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present feedback and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work; committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop.
- Disney fan a must.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.