Sr Business Systems Analyst (Global Security)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 7118937120220515 Location Glendale, California, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is a technologist with an in-depth understanding of Global Physical Security business domain and has the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally to drive the technology-enabled strategy and solutions.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will:
- Elicit and document business capabilities, outcomes, and technology enabled requirements.
- Collaborates closely with partners across the organization including business partners, architects and other delivery managers
- Builds strong relationships with and manages large and diverse groups of stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to executives, across the enterprise
- Map current and future business processes.
- Create project authorization deliverables including business case development, solution design, and financial proforma.
- Develop technical specifications necessary to allow technical solution partners to implement a solution that satisfies the requirements and delivers the intended outcomes.
- Test strategy definition and development, oversight of scripts development and quality assurance.
- Participate in change management as required to allow initiatives to succeed
- Work within the process, standards and policies of the BSA CoP, helping the community to continually improve
- Work within the context of an emerging Business Architecture framework, while helping to develop and refine the framework with other members of the department
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation of new/emerging technology, and how it could be used to deliver business outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in pursuing continuous improvement, always challenging the status quo
A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, achieving results through influence and collaboration.
Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within TWDC, from VP downwards.
Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable influencing to achieve desired outcomes.
A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
Deep domain and technical expertise will be essential, as will be accomplished delivery in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers.
Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, architects and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
Practical knowledge and applied experience related to Business Architecture principles.
Extensive knowledge of the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed.
Business and/or technology domain expertise in Global Physical Security, Incident & Case Management, Officer Dispatch, Crisis Management, and Visitor Management
Deep Business System Analysis expertise, working within a Community of Practice/Center of Excellence
Experience of participating in the full range of testing activities (including but not limited to: functional testing, load/performance testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing)
Participation in formal change management processes
Experience of working within a Business Architecture framework
Business acumen, with deep expertise in the allocated domain(s) as well as strong skills in the technology that supports the domain(s)
Very detail oriented
High emotional intelligence
Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
Preferred experience with automation technologies; Work Fusion and other RPA/ML technologies.
(Senior BSA) 8 years in a business partnering role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
Demonstrable deep experience of the Value Chains relevant to the post, including defining strategies and delivering large projects that enabled them
Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications for the value chains relevant to the post
See earlier section for more details
Experience with security technologies
Experience with Physical Security solutions, such as D3, Lenel, Everbridge, Gentec
Business Architecture framework expertise (such as the BizBok)
Experience with Solution Architecture principles
Formal Business Architecture qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.