Sr Business Systems Analyst
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 709444BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 01/10/2019
- Designs and delivers system solutions to support both new initiatives and continuous improvement efforts within the global retail space while ensuring they support overall company goals and IT strategies.
- Drives the delivery of Store Systems retail projects, enhancements, and new systems by working with cross-functional product teams, business units, and other IT teams to define requirements, develop technical solutions, build test scripts/scenarios, training and develop any necessary technical supporting documentation.
- Acts as the Store Systems Retail Technology expert in partnership with other IT teams and internal departments to deliver technology solutions that meet the system and process needs of the region and Global organization.
- Provides ongoing support of the retail systems including operations, use, optimization, and modifications.
- Understands and documents global, regional, and local business processes for a specific business area (e.g. Planning/Merchandising, Store Operations, etc).
- Identifies, designs, develops, modifies/configures, tests, and evaluates business processes and underlying systems for assigned functional areas including maintaining and expanding existing applications.
- Establishes self as a trusted advisor and thought leader to the business teams.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify new opportunities, gaps and additional needed functionality within existing and new technologies to increase revenue, maximize efficiency or decrease expenses.
- Gather requirements and develop systems designs resulting in the creation, definition (charter, scope and change controls) and delivery of new system capabilities and stable application systems (people/process/technology).
- Work with relevant business partners to develop and execute unit, integration and system level tests and create any necessary supporting documentation to ensure end work product is of high quality and transition to productive use is smooth.
- Works with users to develop any necessary user testing documentation and/or training material. Ensure business constituents are adequately trained in the usage of systems.
- Support assigned systems/modules through knowledge and use of specific tools and processes
- Develops and maintains credible working knowledge of assigned modules, works with users to resolve problems, creates new solutions and serves as a technical consultant to business.
- Able to analyze problems and provide coherent solutions to both users and management.
- Work with third party resources to define solutions, create spec documents, test and implement solutions.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of industry trends and business best practices
- Ability to automate repeatable processes using industry leading tools
- Significant experience (7+ years) as a Business Analyst across a number of large, complex projects.
- Extensive experience in business analysis techniques, such as information gathering methods, technical requirements documentation, process modeling and process mapping.
- Strong understanding of all stages in a project lifecycle and delivery approaches, e.g. waterfall, agile, etc.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience with Retail
- International company and global process exposure.
- Ability to prepare presentation materials and deliver presentations.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Four year degree in Information Technology, Business or similar field of study, or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.