Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Digital Art DirApply Now Apply Later Job ID 641104BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 17, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
If you’re an award-winning art director who lives and breathes big ideas (With Digital First as their approach) and have a proven track record of bringing them to life – we’d love to hear from you. Highly conceptual creative individual with a strong eye for art direction and design who can conceptualize and lead fully integrated campaigns with digital first thinking. Bring a mastery of typography and layout to what you do and what you help others do. Lead photography and video shoots, as well as oversee and direct post work. Work with multi-disciplinary internal teams to ensure smart, on strategy and on brand work. Review and present work with internal leadership and external partners. Collaborate with, and at times, lead outside agency and production partners on projects. Mentor junior teams. Must be self-directed and able to work in a fast paced, high volume, deadline driven environment. Must like to bring passion, energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
- Conceptualize fully integrated campaigns.
- Create compelling insight-based concepts/content/designs for Disney Theme Parks and Resorts that are PR worthy and Digital-First in nature.
- Effectively present your ideas to project partners and executives.
- Oversee Digital Production, photo shoots, editorial sessions.
- Direct and collaborate with UX, Developers, Social Strategist, illustrators, photographers, designers, cinematographers and directors.`
- Work collaboratively and effectively with writers , internal partners, and outside vendors.
- Present to internal leadership and outside partners.
- Mentor junior creatives.
- Stay up to speed on emerging platforms, social trends and technologies
- You know how to create big ideas and have a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others to get those ideas produced.
- You’re an extremely Conceptual digital/Social art director who’s constantly evolving and pushing your designs/concepts to new levels.
- You have a great portfolio filled with smart, innovative, award-winning (Cannes, One Show, D&AD) work that includes Interactive, Experiential and social media Concepts.
- You’re exceptionally strong in the digital/social space.
- You’re a strong strategic thinker and know how to turn deep consumer insights into great concepts/design/content.
- You’re an excellent presenter.
- You have a strong knowledge of multi-cultural market.
- You have great, hands on design skills.
- You live and breathe the latest digital technologies, design, typography, photography, cinematography, storytelling and music.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment and can successfully handle multiple projects at once.
- BA/BS and/or art school
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.