Sr. EstimatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10063085 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 13, 2023
The Senior level Project Controls Estimator role is responsible for leading the estimating of project’s capital budgets during development and then handling the cost control, change management and risk assessment during a project’s execution phase.
- Responsible for estimating all portions of sophisticated, highly integrated projects including hotels, theme park attractions, cruise ships and other expansions of the Disney experience. These project estimates include site work, facilities, show elements, rides, interior fit out, staffing, escalation, contingency, etc.
- Capable of independently producing conceptual estimates of projects with incomplete or ambiguous information with minimal supervision
- Leads the estimating, negotiating, and settling of contractual change orders during the project.
- Reviews and estimates proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work and required estimate contents.
- Collaborate with owner, A/E, and contractors to provide estimating, cost data, analysis and scenario planning.
- Provides design staff and project team with cost guidance/value engineering/alternatives.
- Tests estimates for reasonableness based on comparable/equivalent historical experience.
- Provides cost management during the entire life cycle of a project, continually quantifying risks, developing mitigation plans and forecasting the total project Estimated Final Cost (EFC) with the project team and divisions; reviews with Project Divisions and Senior Management to reconcile.
- Effectively adapts complex financial and estimating data to audiences of varying levels
- Works with team leadership to develop project strategies, risk mitigations, and recovery/acceleration plans
- Performs comprehensive risk assessments on projects and issues and recommends actions plans to optimize success
- Serves as a trainer to less experienced estimating staff
- Acts as a Subject Mater Expert (SME) relative to construction, estimating, cost control and risk analysis
- Minimum 7 Years estimating and/or cost control experience with a preference toward experience with projects of high complexity and increasing professional responsibility
- Ability to resolve conflicts successfully
- Demonstrated decision-making and relationship building ability
- Confident presenter who can adapt to their audience and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Knowledge specific to the Hospitality or Themed Entertainment industry
- Four-year degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
Benefits and Perks
- Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide.
- Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The hiring range for this position is $112,012– $150,260 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.